After we drop off your bins, you’re free to sort through your belongings on your own time, at your own pace. Please refer to the following quick and easy guide for sorting your stuff and filling your bins. Once you’ve filled your bins, stack them together with your other large items and we’ll come and take them away for clutter removal. It’s that easy!
Please sort your clothing into the following categories:
- Formal Dresses
- Business Attire
- Coats & outdoor (mitts, gloves, hats, scarves, etc)
- General (all the rest: pants, shorts, skirts, shirts, sweaters, pyjamas, etc)
- Damaged (ripped, holes, frayed, stained, etc)
A large bin will hold approximately: 12-18 sweaters, 15-20 pairs of pants, or 10-12 pairs of shoes (depending on the size of the items).
Small electronics (including power cords, cables, batteries, and accessories) can be placed in a bin. If items are too big for the bins, please set aside with other large items.
No need to separate books, all types can be in the same bin. A small bin will hold approximately 25-30 paperbacks or 10-12 hardcover books.
Please sort your household items into the following categories:
- Linens (gently used blankets, towels)
- Kitchen supplies (pots, pans, plastic dishes, cooking accessories)
- Glassware (dishes, glasses, vases) Please wrap fragile items.
- CD’s & DVD’s
- Miscellaneous (baskets, knick-knacks, framed artwork & picture frames, etc) Remember to remove any personal photos!
Larger items that do not fit in the bins (such as furniture, outdoor accessories, sporting equipment, some toys and electronics) should be set aside in one location for pick-up.
We Do Not Accept
Unfortunately not all things can be recycled. And some things are just too large for us to take. (But there are others who can help you with these!) We do not take:
- Mattresses, box springs, bed frames
- Large Appliances
- Broken or damaged furniture
- Broken or damaged toys, sporting goods or household items
- Personal items (pictures, trophies, personalized items, etc)
- Perishable items
- Hazardous waste of any kind